June 28th, 2009

20 mins till E arrives with R. Me no drive, me in pain thanks to the weekend huff-and-puff @ Sentosa. We're heading to Queensway to get R's $20 jeans. "Cheap cheap, good good, last long long" As R says... cool!

Queensway is a good place to get sports gear, jeans (if you don't mind the no-brand jeans for a steal) and stuff, you'll never know what you may find for your needs and tastes. Cowboy boots? Lumberjack Jeans?

I ended up getting 2 pairs of FBT running shorts at $12 each. one in total black, and the other in black with a hot pink stripe almost on the trim of the shorts. Matchy-matchy with R! We're not planning to tell S about our matchy purchase (hehe! we love you, S)

Photobucket

Then we headed to Far East Plaza for some 'old school' eats at Cahaya Restaurant. I think the last time I had a meal there was at least 3 years ago. Nothing personal, but the food there isn't as good as I remembered and the smell of food just sticks to your clothes even if you just walk pass the eateries.

We wandered through the shops and there is this outlet which sells Mondo shoes at a bargain. Its like a bargain bin in a whole shop! Shoes as cheap as $3, $9.90 or $15.90 If you look around slowly, you might be able to find pretty heels, wedges, or strappies. I found silver pointy heels, with silver heels (very fierce) at $15.90 per pair, awesome black strappies at a steal for that dressy night out, platinum peeptoe wedges which can bring you from work to play. I dug up some treasures for R (new bf lah, totally inspired to look pretty you know!). She ended up with 2 pairs of shoes at $25!!! Bargain or what!

At this point, I was feeling kinda jealous that she got an awesome loot and I remembered that I was supposed to check Heatwave out for black strappy heels. I have trouble finding strappies which won't make my toes look like crinkle cut fries even more than they are now. I found this backless strappy black pair which is so so pretty :) at $39.90 after discount. Yay!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next stop, Skin Food. Needed to get nail polish. Naked toes with no colour look ugly on me. With the current economic crunch, I decided to give my own pedicures and manicures and save that dollar for other indulges :)















So we ended the day with some tea at Starbucks United Square, a cuppa Camomile tea for R and a cuppa Berryblossom tea for me... Life's tough :)

Comments

Popular Posts