Fashion powerhouse getting sued ?

Posted on Channelnewsasia.com

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/beautynfashion/view/1016581/1/.html

"Chanel does not do knitting"



I can't help but laugh at this whilst nomnomnom-ing my Fillet O Fish Macca's brekkie at my desk. Not a pretty sight with tartare sauce on my lips, mouth full with yummy soft bun and chuckling like an old fool with no teeth.

World Tricot founder is suing Chanel for 2.5million Euros after she spotted a crochet design in a Chanel boutique. I was chuckling to myself because, I am imagining old ladies, sitting around a table, or in front of the tv on a rocking chair knitting. Then the end products sold to high end luxrury powerhouses. Hmm... should I dig up my mom's knitting craftworks (hey, she made awesome pullovers with cable designs and all you know!) and then try selling to Armani Exchange? Or learn to knit - actually I can knit, but all I can make is miles and miles of shawls/scarfs, mummy bandage - this one must be hilarious if knitting was invented during the times of Pharoahs (think King Tut with a turtleneck).

The company, used to have 90 employees in 2001, but now they're only left with 12 after the clash with the Titans. Haiyah, thats, 12 more people who will end up jobless if the company go bust. Then its back to knitting pseudo-designer baby booties and cashmere berets in front of the tv or the front porch.

Comments

Popular Posts