Drugstore.com Haul (again)

I did a little haul recently to purchase some essentials that had pretty good reviews from YouTube makeup gurus. I also needed to do a wee skincare update/revamp because we all know that out skin changes as we age (especially after hitting 25). I am not a brand loyalist because I know very well that our skin changes all the time, especially being women, our hormones change every month. Also, every company out there always come up with different formulations suited for different skin needs. I dare to try different brands because then, I can always explore what works best for my skin type. At the same time, I have always been the drugstore junkie, just because I have 'been there, done that' with the major over the counter brands when I was younger (blame it on my late mother because she started me out on skincare VERY young). 

I did a small haul on drugstore.com to try some stuff out. I used bezimi.com (I mentioned this in my previous post as well)  and all I can say about Bezimi.com is that they are very prompt, offer consolidation and repacking services with no extra charge and just plain awesome. Their rates are pretty awesome and the list out all 'payables' and will give you the best shipping prices possible. Gone are the days of 'volumetric weight' and all that nonsense! So far, it has been nothing but pleasant experience using this service. 

  1. Revlon Brow Fantasy 

This is a dual ended product which gives you an eyebrow pencil on one side and a brow gel on the other. I got the color Dark Brown to match my hair color. This lasts the whole day without slipping and sliding on my combination skin. The color is close to perfect for me, with not being too dark at all. The brow gel really helps to set the brows in place once you have filled your eyebrows in using the pencil. Well, that is the only downside. I have to manually sharpen the pencil #firstworldproblems. 
Verdict: I this I may have found a new favorite eyebrow pencil. I don't like soft eyebrow pencils which then just goes on the eyebrows too thick and too dark and then slipping and sliding when you blot during the day. Too hard pencils which just snags and pulls resulting in bald patches (Gah! The horror!) And for USD7.49 on drugstore.com its worth buying a few at a go (psst, there is a buy 1 get 1 at 50% off promo) for backups. 

    2. Maybelline Dream Matte Powder


I picked this up because I wanted to try something which would help keep the shine aka kuali-ness at bay. I do have combination skin with an oily t-zone area. This powder is used to set my BB cream which I posted and reviewed about in my previous entry. I didn't really know which shade to get so I got these powder in Medium Sand and Medium Beige. This powder is oil-free and non-comedogenic.  Always a big plus for ladies who have slightly oilier skin.


To be honest, I am more of a Medium Beige shade, but I used the other powder for under eyes to brighten up the dark circles after concealer, or I use both powders blended together to get a 'fresher' look to my face.
Verdict: With two squirts of Skindinavia/ Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray  my face saw less oiliness and looks fresher (well, I had two people on two separate days telling me I look fresher). I do like this powder a lot, best for everyday wear.
Price: USD6.79

     3. Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Eye Cream


I do have a few visible wrinkles around the eyes, which are pretty much a resultant of laughing and being a goofball most times. I have been on a search of an effective eye cream that can help reduce the look of my very obvious 'laugh lines' as I call it, but hey, I am over 30! I tried a number of eye creams, serums and roller ball thingamagics that just doesn't work! With pretty good reviews online about this product, what the heck, one more to try. Its been two weeks (therabouts) and so far, I still have my wrinkles, but has slightly improved. I won't say this is going to be my favorite, or The One as yet.
Verdict: For USD16.79 (on special), its worth a try and see if this helps smooth the wrinkles. In the meantime, perhaps I shouldn't be smiling too much?

   4. Covergirl Lashblast 24 Hour Eyeliner


A classic brand. I remember Covergirl being one of my first makeup brand introduced to me by my late mother as I was approaching puberty. I wanted to try a felt tip eyeliner pen. I have always used either the classic eyeliner pencil, gel liners or liquid liners.

The felt tip wasn't hard and application seems easy with swatches on the back of my hand. Will do an update  with a review on this soon.

   5. Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared Waterproof Mascara


There were so many raves on YouTube about this product. I tried looking for the Falsies Flared version of this locally, to no avail. I got the waterproof formula in Blackest Black. This mascara had a flexible wand which helps even application on the eyelashes. 
Verdict: I love the formula, and how it lengthens, thickens my lashes. I don't have long nor thick lashes, just normal looking lashes. A gf commented my eyes looked a little dolly-ish and opened up when I met up with her for our weekend food indulgence. Downside to this product, holy crap. It was SO hard to remove! I had to soak my cotton pad with some Bioderma and let it sit on my eyes for a minute or two before I am able to start removing the mascara. Talk about smudgeproof AND waterproof. I have only tried this product once, and will update what I really feel about this product. 

    6. eos Smooth Lipbalm Sphere in Honeysuckle Honeydew



I do make my own lipbalms, but I just wanted to try this for kicks to see what the rave is all about. This lip balm boasts to be 95% organic and 100% all-natural with petroleum and paraben free. Not tested on animals nor has any animal by-products. Has shea butter, Vitamin E and jojoba oil to keep lips soft. Sounds impressive! Will do a review on this product once I've tried it. 

A pretty much small haul, it was a combined purchase with my gf and some other supplies that I needed that were not makeup/beauty related. Do check out www.bezimi.com and www.drugstore.com .

I'll be back for more updates and entries. 

Comments

Popular Posts