Makeup MAYhem #3 (Belated!) - Mini Watsons Haul : Revlon Parfumerie Nail Polish,Essence Cosmetics, EOS, Queen Helene

A little gander with a girlfriend at Yew Tee means we had to pop into Watsons and check out the make up there. I was very impressed with the range of makeup available there. Loads of Japanese makeup and they had an Essence Cosmetics stand. 
I picked up these: 
I was just delighted to see that they had the new Revlon Parfumerie Nail Polishes stocked up with all the colours. I have been wanting to buy two shades in particular : African Tea Rose (I am a sucker for rose ANYTHING, except the flower. Haha!) and Ginger Melon. These colours are so spring and cheery, I just had to have them! Priced at $12.90 each

I also picked up the Essence Cosmetics XXXL Shine Lipgloss in the shade Glamour To Go. Such a pretty metallic nude which is very shiny and makes your lips look deliciously plump. No sticky feeling, gorgeous colour payoff on this one and the price? A whopping $3.90! The lipgloss comes with a pretty large applicator, which I think is a little overkill, but at the price, one can't fault it at all. 

Swatches: 

Look at how beautiful the color is by itself, and will look absolutely beautiful over a nude lipstick to give that extra oomph and shine. These lipglosses are very moisturizing, not gloppy or sticky at all. 
You can bet I will be heading to get more colours sometime soon. *big grin* 

I had to try out Essence's mascaras just because the price range was ridiculously cheap, one could wonder what cheap as chips mascaras are even any good. Imagine this, price range of $4.50 - $5.90 (don't take my word for this, I am just plucking numbers off my head as I try to remember the prices).  Verdict: Huge-as* wand, and great smooth formula with no clumping. I had about two coats on, no smudging throughout the day and doesn't weigh down my eyelashes. I don't curl my lashes because they are not long to begin with and they have a slight curl to them already. Quite chuffed at this find! 

And let's take a moment here to admire the colour of this nail polish, shall we? 

Revlon Parfumerie Nail Polish in African Tea Rose. Yes, it does have a light tea rose scent once the polish dries. A cheerful fuchsia that puts a smile to anyone who loves pink, me thinks. Doesn't it? I haven't really had the Ginger Melon shade a full go, but a swatch on a few digits left me sniffing my fingers because they did smell like faint sweet melons! Ha! 

Well, it is the summer holidays and soon the GSS will make it's way around. What's your latest awesome find from the shops? 

Comments

Popular Posts