Tickled pink!

ARTICLE ON smh.com.au

This is hilarious.

Quote from "The Devil wears Prada"


~ Yes. That's what this whole multibillion-dollar industry is about : inner beauty.~


I used to be a Chemical Laboratory Analyst. I loved my clothes, my shoes and my makeup. I go to work, dressed to the nines, sky high stilettos and make sure that my hair is in place after I take my full clean-room suit off. I translated French Operating Procedures to English and trained workers who do not understand why traces of metal found on silicon means thousands of dollars of money going down the drain and the very reason why your electronic devices will not work properly because of that miniscule bit of copper or iron found in the very microchip that screws up your whole computer and in turn you can't blog about how empty women who have a full wardrobe leading empty lives.

It is, the very woman, who now is responsible of moulding and inspiring the young, the importance of education and the importance of being able to get that job which pays for the roof over their head, the bills that comes like clockwork every time and the food that is put on the table.

I am the woman, who loves having her own herb garden, supports Adoption Drives for homeless pets, baking luscious molten chocolate lava cakes and Halloween-themed sugar cookies, says a constant prayer for her mum and makes sure to say "I love you" to her darling everyday, just in case, she never gets to do so the next day.

Never forget that fashion, is a multi-billion industry, the same one that give millions of people, be it in a third world country jobs and puts food on THIER tables from making that very same nubbly old granny panty that you wear underneath the greying sweatshirt which you never bothered to throw out despite the numerous holes from feeding silverfish in the closet.

It is the same industry that women, like me, who contributes to the world's economy despite the economic downturn, by purchasing the countless number of shoes and clothes that make their wardrobes full and take their husbands or boyfriends breath away when they go out for dinner. The same pair of heels, which accentuates the curves of a woman and in turn plays on the desires of the male counterpart and on THEIR shallow desires.

If it were to be said that the fashion industry is just playing with women's insecurities, isn't it the same industry that is targeting people who hides behind their computer monitor, commenting under a pseudonym and living sad, lonely lives. The same people who buys their clothing from piles of clothes in bargain stores, not realizing that the pile of clothes comes from the same people working in sweatshops in third world countries.

I don't take offense to whatever the person who commented on smh.com.au. about how my life is empty, despite the number of clothes and shoes I have. Actually, I thank you, whoever you are.

A reader from Australia, I presume, put dragonette and my blog as examples for the world to read. Love the sudden surge of traffic! THANK YOU! Even E@L agrees to that and I quote his comment on my Facebook "there's no such thing as bad publicity!" hehe

Photobucket

I am linking my fellow blogger & girlfriend, The Sybarite. A fellow educator and shopaholic. She too, is very amused after reading the article and comment from "EMPTY". Made our lazy Sunday very colorful indeed!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Here, here my darling! Well said!
x
Anonymous said…
Hey!

I got a shock when I saw my name! LOL! Very funny indeed! Just because we like to blog about the things we like, doesn't mean they are what our lives are all about. Who has time to blog about every detail of his/her life anyway?

xo
JV
loveforheels said…
@cocomuffin - xoxo!

@drag0nette - Thanks to them we get our moments of fame. LOL LOL LOL!
petitbout said…
I hadn't read you before today, when drag0nette linked you on LJ. Cudos to the well-written response to Mr Sam Sydney. His article was what it was intended to be, an op-ed piece to elicit responses with not thought or research beyond that. From the people he desicribed - I think he needs to know more people like you and drag0nette - or at least Empty (who provided the link) needs to read more, glance less.

Popular Posts